RIGHT TO DATA ERASURE POLICY
This policy sets out your right to have your data held by SubtvU erased
- If users (and other data subjects) wish to view their data/remove it they should act upon it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by post to 140 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SA or call with their full name.
- They will then be asked to clarify this with some form of ID or security question to ensure that the user asking for their personal data is who they say they are.
- They will be responded to within one month from when the first request was received by SubtvU.
Deletion of personal data and disconnecting personal details from data to create non-personal data:
- SubtvU has the ability to disconnect personal data from non-personal data
- Within our database the company has a separate ‘table’ which holds all personal data, this is connected to other tables through an ID.
- When personal data is deleted it will be completely removed from its ‘table’ and replaced by a randomised code in order to keep the rest of the database uniform and not jeopardise the data we already hold. In other words deletion of personal data results in it being deleted as far as all personal information is concerned and it becoming non personal data thereafter .
- We store data only for as long as it is necessary to provide effective services to you and others.
Legitimate Interest Exceptions
- We will retain your personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to enable us to meet our legal, tax or accounting obligations).
- If you object to us processing certain categories of your personal information (including in relation to receiving marketing communications from us), we will retain a record of your objection to the processing of your information so that we can continue to respect your wishes.
- We will destroy or permanently anonymise your personal information at the point that we no longer need to process it for our ongoing legitimate business needs or for any legal reason. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store it and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.